Resolutions Week 1
I decided that I need to keep myself motivated to actually follow my resolutions this year. If you’re feeling motivated, join me! Write a weekly post where you share how resolved you are (or how resolved you wish you were!).
To refresh, here are my resolutions:
1) Cook dinner for the fiancé at least once a week. 2) Go to some sort of production/media thingee once a month. This can be as extravagant as the opera, or as simple as a movie theater. 3) Exercise an average of 3 times a week. This can be going jogging or yoga. 4) Improve my diet to a point where I’m only eating fried foods once a week. 5) Finish unpacking my apartment by April. 6) Get another cat. 7) Use one of my bridal shower gifts at least once a week. Giggity.
And here’s how I did:
1) I meant to cook. I swear I did. At first I didn’t have all the ingredients. Then he had gigs two nights in a row and didn’t get home until after I fell asleep. Then I had to work two nights in a row. And then the week was over. But I have a plan. I can cook before he gets home. I know that seems like a “duh” realization. But, usually when I cook, we eat together. If I cook for him to eat alone, I should be able to get this done even with our schedules. That, and I will cook twice next week to make up for being a bad fiancée
2) I still have another three weeks to make this happen. The procrastination fairy told me to tell you that.
3) Um, well, I did make it Saturday afternoon before work to yoga. I have no excuse. I’m lazy and I’ll never fit into my wedding dress and eat and breathe.
4) I had fried foods on the 1st and the 2nd, but that was it. Maybe I’ll try no fried foods from the 8-14 to make up for it.
6) Skipping this one. See #5.
7) I finally got my bridal shower gifts from my parents’ house. I decided not to get all freaky just yet and just opened a bottle of wine. I got four bottles, so I need to get to drinking!
Did you keep up with your resolutions or did you fold only one week in?