Resolutions Week 2
I decided that I need to keep myself motivated to actually follow my resolutions this year. If you’re feeling motivated, join me! Write a weekly post where you share how resolved you are (or how resolved you wish you were!).
To refresh, here are my resolutions:
1) Cook dinner for the fiancé at least once a week. 2) Go to some sort of production/media thingee once a month. This can be as extravagant as the opera, or as simple as a movie theater. 3) Exercise an average of 3 times a week. This can be going jogging or yoga. 4) Improve my diet to a point where I’m only eating fried foods once a week. 5) Finish unpacking my apartment by April. 6) Get another cat. 7) Use one of my bridal shower gifts at least once a week. Giggity.
And here’s how I did:
1) I Cooked dinner twice this week. And if you count midnight snacks, I’ve cooked four times this week. I like taking care of my man and he’s definitely a way-to-his-heart-is-through-his-stomach type.
2) Still working on this. I figure I’ll go see the 3D Disney movie coming out next week. Beauty and the Beast!
3) Yeah… um… I went to yoga on Saturday. And there was snow so I couldn’t jog. Just fill in another 3 generic excuses for me so I don’t have to.
4) No fried foods this week! So proud of myself. I’m not gonna talk about carbs (and how many I ate), and just focus on meeting my stated goal.
5) Haven’t made even a bit of headway, and I don’t expect to until after my wedding, so there will be four more posts of no progress on #5.
6) Also waiting until after the wedding.
7) I used two of the gifts last week. And only one was a bottle of wine. Giggity.
I still need to do better in the exercising department. It’s so hard to find the time and energy to make it happen. But making that time is increasingly more important as we get close to the wedding day and stress piles on.
How are you doing on your resolutions?