Monique at Unscripted Musings has tagged me. I must admit I’ve been watching these tags float around the blogs I read and have been wishing I was included. And now I am. Yay!
You must post 11 random things yourself.
Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post.
Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.
My Random 11 Things:
- I hate the way super-religious people start treating the customs of their religions as if they’re more than just customs repeated over the years.
- My favorite color is orange.
- I’m starting to resent my wedding because there are so many elements to it I don’t want.
- I can’t wait until the day after my wedding when I get to just be married and not a bride.
- I really really love my birthday. It was last October and I still haven’t taken down the decorations for my party.
- My favorite movie is Ocean’s Eleven.
- I’ve played the piano since I was 7 years old.
- I spend hours out of each week moisturizing my skin and I pride myself on having some of the softest skin anyone’s ever touched.
- My catch-a-man meal is smothered pork chops, rice, and roasted vegetables. It never fails.
- My catch-a-friend meal is my lasagna, a recipe than can be adjusted based on a person’s dietary preferences/needs.
- I prefer being alone to being around other people.
My Answers to Monique’s Questions:
- What has been your best Christmas gift to date? I got a cell phone when I was 12. If I compare gifts that I was pining for and really appreciated and used, that would be it.
- How did you spend last Valentine’s Day? At Quartino’s downtown having an amazing meal. Then driving around as each successive plan for the night fell through. But I still remember it as a fun and romantic night.
- Who’s your favorite author and why? I’m quite sure I don’t have one. But if I had to pick one… Jane Austen.
- Name your first boyfriend. Richard, but I was five so that doesn’t count. I guess Ronald, who I went on my first date with. Yeah, Ronald.
- What’s your favorite dessert? It revolves. Bread pudding right now. But perhaps peach cobbler overall.
- Name a time you’ve been disappointed. When I realized my brother and I were never going to have a real friendship.
- What did you want to be when you grew up? So many things. Geologist, doctor, actress, etc. Every year on career day, I went as something new.
- What’s your favorite season? Right at the end of winter when the air is still crisp, but when you stand in the sunlight, you feel so warm.
- It’s Friday night, it’s payday. Where are you and what are you doing? Probably out to dinner with the fiancé. Or shopping.
- What’s the last movie you saw? In theaters, Beauty and the Beast in 3D. At home, Tangled.
- Why do you blog? It used to be for a number of reasons, but now it’s to have an avenue to talk out things with myself. And to get a window into other people’s lives.
My 11 Questions:
- What’s your favorite type of music?
- What’s your favorite hobby?
- If you have to spend $10,000 on yourself, what would you buy? Don’t say loan repayments.
- What do you do for exercise?
- Why do you blog?
- What’s the last thing you celebrated?
- The last time you cried, what was the reason?
- What’s the best meal you’ve ever had?
- When you look in the mirror, what do you see?
- What’s your favorite movie?
- Name a wish you made that came true.
The People I’m Tagging (I’m trying not to repeat people I know were already tagged, sorry if I do):
Kat at Fieldwork in Stilettos
Thundercat at Colorful Rants of a Fed Up Sista
Daisy at Just Daisy
Sharon at Sharon’s Makeup Diary