Resolutions, Week 9
I know I basically took a month off on the resolutions, but it was so I could gain weight and have a hilarious series of photos for my wedding with the hook and eye bursting as my maid of honor strapped me in my dress.
But I’m back now and trying to make good on my resolutions. Back to cooking my husband dinner, back to Project UnPack. Speaking of Project UnPack, that’s mostly just me trying to de-wedding my apartment. The husband has been a huge help with that.
So here are my resolutions:
1) Cook dinner for the husband at least once a week.
2) Go to some sort of production/media thingee once a month. This can be as extravagant as the opera, or as simple as a movie theater.
3) Exercise an average of 3 times a week. This can be going jogging or yoga.
4) Improve my diet to a point where I’m only eating fried foods once a week.
5) Finish unpacking my apartment by April.
6) Get another cat.
7) Use one of my bridal shower gifts at least once a week. Giggity.
Here’s how I did:
1) I meant to cook dinner, I really did. but neither of us wanted to go to the grocery store. And then I spent a whole evening putting together a fantastic liquor cabinet our bridesmaids bought it. It fits everything: punch bowl, shot glasses, wine, wine glasses, etc. So we admired that while we ate take out barbeque.
2) I went to see Tyler Perry’s Good Deeds with my mom on Thursday. I find myself enjoying his movies more and more as they start to feel more like real rom-coms and less like new age church-y minstrel shows.
3) Yeah, I’m almost back up to the highest weight I’ve ever been. Thank God for stretchy jegging pants because my jeans do not fit.
4) I may have had french fries like 3 times this week. Sigh.
5) Well, I finally put up all our wedding gifts that are already at our house. That’s the first step in our effort to de-wedding our apt.
6) Working on it.
7) I’m wearing one of the gifts right now. Or at least I was when I got home from work. Wink.