April Fools Blows When You’re An Adult
So, I know April Fools Day was yesterday, but I simply had to write a post about it.
When I was younger, April Fools jokes consisted of whoopee cushions and jokes of having to move away suddenly. You know, kid stuff.
But apparently, as one grows up, the jokes must become more grown-up. And so they’re harder to discern as immediate jokes.
Here are the stories the husband and I heard. You tell me, truth or April Fools?
1) “The girlfriend gave me a marriage ultimatum.”
2) “I’m engaged to someone you didn’t know I was dating.”
3) “I can’t go the birthday dinner because I’m in Boston for the weekend.”
4) “I got my new girlfriend pregnant.”
5) “I can’t go to the birthday dinner because I just don’t wanna go.”